WELCOME

WELCOME,PULL UP A CHAIR AND COME SIT A SPELL WITH ME. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE OF JUST SAY HI,BE MY GUEST,LOVE TO MEET NEW PRIM FOLKS, BLESSINGS, FRANCINE.







Thursday 20 August 2015

FIREWOOD

Morning Prim Folk, it's been a while but I have been enjoying my holidays spent at the lake.  Relaxing, reading, sitting on the porch being entertained by the birds, boating and loving my campfires. Yes, I am a burnoholic, nothing like a crackling campfire when outdoors. That is one of the first things I do when I get up, light the fire and plug my coffee perk in. Then pour a cup of coffee and enjoy the warmth of the fire. It burns most of the morning, sometimes into the afternoon but always light it up in the evening. Cam calls me a termite, always needing more wood in the wood shed to burn. We took two Popular trees that were dead by the trailer, the park guy said we could so we did.  Cam used the trusty chainsaw, me on the wood splitter, I love to use it, makes me happy.  So that was what we did one day, filled up the wood shed nicely, so now I can really enjoy my campfires into Fall, lots of wood for a termite, (giggle)......Wishing you all a wonderful day, Warm Blessings Francine.
splitting wood



 


having fun

filling up the wood shed

21 comments:

  1. Hi Francine,
    You are by far the cutest lumberjack I have ever seen!!! I would certainly enjoy sitting with you by the fire, but not today........90's here!!! Enjoy your cooler temps!!
    Warm Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I guess your summer at the camp is about to in or do you do it until September? You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice amount of wood. There's something about a fire that fascinates and calms me, watching the colors change, flames dance. Then I see the horrible forest and brush fires and I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see an update from you and I'm glad you are having a nice holiday! Love that you have a shed full of fire wood now. When John was younger and camped with his friends, they nicknamed him "Pyro" because he was the best fire starter! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats funny Miss Termite!!!!!!ou are prepared!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go LumberFrancine! :) I like a campfire too but we have to watch the direction of the wind:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like good ol' fashioned hard work that would make you feel good!
    Blessings and enjoy those campfires! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOHHH....that sounds so nice...sitting by the fire with a cup of fresh coffee....my kind of day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) Termite you'll be ready when the days cool off, & who doesn't LoVe a warm wood burning controlled fire. I can see you do! That's a great supply. You look like you are in your glory! You go girl! Enjoy!
    Hugs Marg.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's nothing like a good campfire, any time day or night!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you and my brother in law would get along great. when we camp he burns a cord of wood in a few days he needs to having it going all the time.
    I guess you haven't had the heat the rest of us has had.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at you, splitting wood. Way to go Girl! There's nothing better than a campfire.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your holidays at the lake sound perfect. I remember using my dad's log splitter at the farm many decades ago. I thought it was just too cool splitting wood.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  14. I call Bob my arsonist as he is always burning fires outside and in our fireplace...but I have to admit I like them to. LOL Glad you are enjoying your time at the lake. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun time you are having up there in the woods! I always tell Mr. MW we need to go spend some time in the woods, by a lake...where it is green and smells heavenly. You are a lucky lady to have this wonderful spot to enjoy. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Little Termite...looks like you and Cam have a good supply of wood now! It's so much fun sitting by a campfire. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhhh... I can totally relate!! I am so looking forward to autumn and firing up the wood stoves. We really need to get at the wood pile and split more wood for winter. Not enough hours in the day!
    Throw a log on for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhhhh... I can totally relate!! I am so looking forward to autumn and firing up the wood stoves. We really need to get at the wood pile and split more wood for winter. Not enough hours in the day!
    Throw a log on for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh me to I'm also what you call it a burnoholic lol ! I love me a camp fire I even have my favorite fire starter a small blow torch lol . This weekend as the temps have cooler we have lots of logs to split and stack and I have lots of old crappy ones to burn in the fire pit lol ! Love me the smell of wood smoke and the sound of it crackling so soothing and mesmerizing . Lovely photos glad you are enjoying your lake time . Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete