WELCOME

WELCOME,PULL UP A CHAIR AND COME SIT A SPELL WITH ME. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE OF JUST SAY HI,BE MY GUEST,LOVE TO MEET NEW PRIM FOLKS, BLESSINGS, FRANCINE.







Saturday 6 April 2013

GREETINGS

Happy Saturday Primfolk,  hope you are having a good weekend so far.........I woke up to fresh fallen snow, boy oh boy!!!!! just what I wanted, NOT!!!!!...but by this afternoon it has melted already and it is dark, dreary and drizzling something in between snow and rain............I had fun last night antiquing with my Sis, over 250 venders were there, oh my, tables and tables of old stuff, we didn`t know where to start..........I was a little disappointed in not many primitive antiques, not a big thing here in Winnipeg, but of coarse I did spend some money..........Bought  cute little blue baby shoes from the Fifty`s, a  square red wooden rice measure, I think,:) the guy told me it is over a hundred years old, love the red on it anyway, found three big and three small  plates in the Petal ware dishes I use everyday, they are getting harder to find, so scooped  them up, and a heart mold I can use to make blacked wax hearts, that's it.......had fun looking, meet my Brother and SIL there too...........Tonight my family are taking my Brother out to Applebee`s to celebrate his early retirement then back to my Sister`s for Winnipeg's famous Jeanie`s cake, yum yum, the best cake ever....we think anyway...........Oh and yesterday I found in the mail box my win from Margi at Hungry Hook Primitives, a beautiful wool piece I can use for hooking, love the colors, Thanks Margi.............Wishing you all a wonderful weekend,  Blessings Francine.
SWEET BLUE BABY SHOES
 
WOODEN MEASURE, MY BUNNY
 
PETAL WARE PLATES
 
HEART MOLD
 
MY BEAUTIFUL WOOL WIN

16 comments:

  1. Good day Francine, love your new found treasures, especially those baby blue shoes!!! What fun you gals have when you get together, would you like another sister? I sure wish I had one...Sorry about the snow, head to Walmart and you will find sweet pansy faces, which will put a smile on your's. Do you have Walmart in Canada? Have a delightful evening, tell us more about the yummy cake, perhaps a recipe...enjoy, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad the snow isn't lasting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least the snow didn't stick around. I'm not sure spring is ever going to get here. Last year by this time I think I was done with yard cleanup and have not even started this year. Just too darned cold!
    Sweet finds. It's fun to look but even more fun to find treasures.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring has found us this weekend, and I'm hoping it's here to stay, and finds you and stays too!

    What fun finds, Francine! I thought of you earlier today when I was at a little thrift store that had a few primitive antiques that I think you would have loved--some things are getting harder to find. But it sounds like you had an enjoyable time, and I hope your evening is too!! Take care, and THANK YOU for your continued kind thoughts and friendship!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what wonderful things and great wool.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I saw a bunch of molds at my local goodwill, and then ended up not picking them up, and now I'm kicking myself for it.

    Love all your goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We woke up to 36 degrees and it had been raining. There's a bit of sunshine now, though. Love those blue baby shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow/rain here too Francein! Your finds are wonderful! We just made Applebee's sante fe ckn salad for dinner! ENJOY! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must say, I do love those sweet blue shoes. Absolutely adorable! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been snowing here again too.
    I love those sweet blue shoes.
    I knew you'd come home with something special!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Francine! wow thanx for sharing your treasures! i was wondering what youd find! i just found out today of a sale coming up the end of may i think its 2-3 hours from here but i called cindy and said LETS GO! even if we dont find alot its so fun to go! love all your treasures! and the wool is beautiful too! glad you have been sharing time with your family and the cake sounds wonderful! enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a fun time ! Great finds ! It is chilly here this evening but during the day it was warm and sunny . We might get rain over night into the morning ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good evening !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yesterday morning I woke up to almost blizzard like flurries and then the sun came out and took it all away. It was like Spring by noon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good haul Francine! But those blue shoes, be still my heart. Too too cute. J

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear your snow is already gone. Hope that was the last one! The little blue shoes are sweet and I love the heart mold. So happy you had fun and found some treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to go thrifting/antiquing with you. Those wee shoes are so sweet.
    I hope you've seen the last of snow!

    ReplyDelete