WELCOME

WELCOME,PULL UP A CHAIR AND COME SIT A SPELL WITH ME. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE OF JUST SAY HI,BE MY GUEST,LOVE TO MEET NEW PRIM FOLKS, BLESSINGS, FRANCINE.







Saturday 21 December 2013

PRETTY OLD PINE CONE ORNAMENTS

Greetings Prim Folk,  hope you are all well this Saturday morning, enjoying the spirit of Christmas.  I am  sitting enjoying a hot cup of coffee with just the Christmas tree lights shining,  so pretty........................... Over the years I collected these beautiful  old pine cone glass tree ornaments,  I treasure them so.   My S-I-L  gave me my first one many years ago, a pretty gold one,  I was in love.  I started  hunting them down at Thrift stores, Antique shops and Rummage sales, anywhere I could.  Was lucky enough to come across many of them in different  colors  and sizes for  so little money. One year at a Thrift Store I was looking around and Cam came up to me and said, what about these, I looked in his hands and could not believe it, here was a worn box filled with the old pine cone glass ornaments, be still my beating heart, all  for the the price of $1.25, I did the happy dance all the way out of the store.  Now, I cannot find them anywhere and if I do they are priced at $15.00 each or up.  I use to hang them on my Christmas tree loving the look of these vintage pine cones decorating the tree till one year I broke one, my heart sank. So now I keep them safely in a old glass jar where I can admire them all year long......................Wishing you all a wonderful day, Winter Blessings Francine.

16 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! And I love how you display them! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have ever seen one before, how pretty! Wow, how great was that to come across a box filled with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember them. They bring back a lot of memories.......

    I love the old balls and baubles.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very precious! Oh, the many happy Christmases past that these ornaments have witnessed ... and the many more they shall share with you and your family. Delightful indeed!
    Sending hugs ...
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a sweet tale. Sadly, I've never seen the pine cones, although I have other glass ornies like this. Those were very special to someone long ago and now special to you. If I ever find any, I'll snatch them up for you :)
    Merry Christmas,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember my Grandma having those on her tree. I often wonder what ever happened to all of her things when she went in the Nursing Home. My cousin's children moved into Grandma's house and I hate to think all of the things that were thrown or given away.
    Cute display Francine!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Francine, Love all of your pinecone ornaments, they are lovely and you got such a great deal! Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
    hugs,
    Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty pinecone ornaments Francine.
    We are heading to a Christmas party tonight at the neighbors, good thing we can walk, ice storm is tonight...all night so we will probably lose power.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beauutiful they are! I have a few silver ones on my tree this year. Enjoy your coffeee...me I am having a Sam Adams Winter Lager beer on this first Winter's night with the fire going working on bunnies...lol. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are gorgeous, Francine!
    I've never seen any myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a couple of them but love how your displaying them.
    merry Christmas
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a wonderful find.
    True Christmas treasures.
    Merry Christmas Sweet Potato

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Francine, If I ever run up on ornaments like these I will send them to you.
    Very pretty! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so love vintage ornaments, the pinecones are beautiful and look so pretty in the old glass jar...I too have lost a precious ornament or two... your heart just sinks...Merry Christmas to you my friend...sending holiday greetings from Maine...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love them...I have not seen them, but I will keep one eye out! :)

    ReplyDelete