WELCOME

WELCOME,PULL UP A CHAIR AND COME SIT A SPELL WITH ME. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE OF JUST SAY HI,BE MY GUEST,LOVE TO MEET NEW PRIM FOLKS, BLESSINGS, FRANCINE.







Thursday 19 December 2013

POPCORN BALLS

Morning Prim Folk, well,  5 more sleeps till the big jolly Elf himself slides down the chimney,  is everybody ready?    Me, not so much, but I am going to wrap the presents  today,  put on the Christmas music and get that done.............. Yesterday  I made my annul Christmas popcorn balls, so yummy and easy peasy, that's  another reason  why I make them.  I don't do a lot of baking anymore, not like when my son was small, plus I would eat it all, no will power for sweets.    The recipe for these popcorn balls is from none other then Martha Stewart, I am a huge fan.  I really enjoyed her T.V. shows when she was just starting out, making more simple things to craft and eat.  Now, I don't even have a channel that broadcasts her show, oh well,  guess I can go her website.........I will share the recipe......................
4 Tablespoons  unsalted butter,   1 bag miniature marshmallows,     1/4 cup brown sugar,     3 quarts popped  popcorn,    1 cup candy-coated chocolate   (optional )          Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.     Melt butter in  a heavy-bottomed pot over low heat.    Add marshmallows and brown sugar, stir until melted and combined.       Remove from heat.     Add popcorn and candies, if desired, toss until well combined. With buttered hands, shape into 2 1/2 inch balls. Let harden slightly on lined baking sheet.    Enjoy,  wishing you all a wonderful day, Warm  Blessings Francine.

14 comments:

  1. Looks yummy Francine, I haven't had popcorn balls in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sounds YUMMY ! We have 4 more little gifts to get then all done . Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm...thank you for sharing the recipe Francine!
    Sending festive hugs your way ..
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those sound good and popcorn balls are a favorite of Mark's so I need to make these for him.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had popcorn balls in years, Francine!
    Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy...my mom use to make popcorn balls for all of the trick or treaters for Halloween! I need to try these with the candies..festive. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound really good. Haven't had a popcorn ball in years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, they do look yummy! I eat everything too! Just did cut out sugar cookies.. no frosting yet...but I still ate 3 cookies! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dear, sweet, Francine.... Those popcorn balls bring back memories....we used to always have one in our Christmas bag from church on Christmas Eve (mind you, not the good, homemade kind tho....ours were those tasteless things wrapped in pretty cellophane....) Sounds like and looks like you're ready for the season....It's hard to believe that just a year ago we were winding down on the Merriment Chain....Harder yet to believe is that, this year, there's not a cookie baked, a gift purchased, nor a decoration hung..... Been a rough one here in Nod.... But, something tells me Christmas will come all the same. Wishing you and your family a season of joy and blessings..... Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your are right, they do sound easy, think I will give them a try.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy.
    They look awesome.
    I cant way to try these.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Popcorn balls...they look so good! Thanks for the recipe!
    Here are some big Christmas hugs from Annie and me OOO!
    Have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas, Francine!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those look so good Francine. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete