WELCOME

WELCOME,PULL UP A CHAIR AND COME SIT A SPELL WITH ME. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE OF JUST SAY HI,BE MY GUEST,LOVE TO MEET NEW PRIM FOLKS, BLESSINGS, FRANCINE.







Sunday 8 December 2013

CHRISTMAS IN THE TRENCHERS

  Morning Prim Folk,  really really frigid weather here, minus 40 with the windchill, oh ya, we are a hearty breed here in Manitoba, or dare I say stupid, :).........Came home from work yesterday afternoon and decided to do a little decorating with some  natural ceder greens in the wood trenchers. In the very long trencher I  put in a wooden white goose my Brother made me one Christmas, love it so, added greens and  pine cones.  The shorter trencher more ceder then put in  wooden painted Santa faces  along with  grungy wax oranges, went for a simple look.  A little more decorating for the holidays and the tree then  I guess I will call it quits, I think................Also when I came in from work, Cam had two Tortaire meat pies cooking, oh ya, yummy, one for supper, one to bring to my Sister's for Christmas day.  They are so tasty, made with pork/ beef mixture and mashed potato's, then baked in a pie crust. It is a  old French Canadian recipe,  Cam told me it was  a Christmas Eve tradition with his family. After Midnight Mass, family and friends would meet at his parents  farmhouse and that's what they would enjoy coming in from the cold, hot Tortaire meat pie,mmmmm, I really enjoy it to....................Wishing you all a great day, Stay Cozy, Blessings Francine.
short trencher


long trencher

Tortaire meat pie
    

20 comments:

  1. Love your trenchers Francine. The meat pie looks delicious! I love those pies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trenchers are wonderful, Francine! Yum...after midnight Mass we went to bed!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Care to share your recipe for that meat pie! Looks really good. Also, I always LOVE seeing your decorations - so festive and so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trencher love Francine!! So many ways to decorate them for all seasons.
    What a sweet and yummy looking meat pie and thoughtful of him to bake it.
    Wish I could taste it!!
    Stay warm...we have 18 degrees this morning, frosty but still no snow :0(
    Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are headed into your weather starting late tonight snow and ice and lots of cold. I love your santas did you paint them? so funny I am making one of those meat pies today! husband's favorite.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Francine, LOVE those old-timey Santas in the trencher!! Hope you stay warm and looks like you have lots of good food! Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Santa's in the trencher :-) I love wooden trenchers and have quite a few.. I love the way they look with the greens you put in them.. I may have to fill mine up with some greens and I have some Santa heads that were to heavy to hang on my tree this year so I think I may put them in the bowls :-) Thank you for the idea!! Now they can come out of the tubs! Have a wonderful day and stay warm! Hugs~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for showing us what a 'trencher' was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh! Love your decorated trencher!!
    Ummm... Can you ship me a piece of that meat pie??!! Better make that two slices. ;> )
    Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks wonderful. I still need to make the stockings!! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  11. My two favorite food groups, meat and pie, COMBINED?! Oh heaven!
    Clever post title and your trenchers simply, naturally beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The trencher looks so nice with the greens in it! I always think I'm going to get me some fresh greenery but never have yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the trenchers look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the trencher! I have one, but I need a swan like yours to go in it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your trenchers and would love your meat pie recipe. Sounds yummy! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Francine! I feel like its been so long since I have been to your blog--I've missed you! :-) But I really love what you've done with the trenchers! I have a small one that is put away, because I didn't know what to do with it, and so you've given me an idea--THANKS! I hope you are doing well, the meat pie is perfect comfort food on a cold winters day--I hope you're doing well, and your weekend is ending on a warm note! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Francine, I have been so busy but wanted to stop in and wish you a Merry Christmas! Your pies sound SO good and tasty...Wonderful for a cold day and something yummy and hot. Also love your Trenchers and decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful trenchers.
    YES please share the meat pie recipe Sweet Potato!
    Woolie Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Francine,
    I absolutely LOVE your trenchers!! Almost bought one some time back, went home to think about it, went back, and it was GONE!!! Really sad as it was a really, really, really good price!! Oh well, someone else was very happy AND smart!!
    The pie looks yummy too!!
    Warm Blessings~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete